Applying for a School Chaplaincy or Korus Community Connector Position
We are looking for people who are qualified and dedicated to the welfare of young people, their families, staff, and the wider community. We support and place School Chaplains and Community Connectors from a wide variety of backgrounds and ages.
All Korus Community Connectors and Korus Connect School Chaplains must be qualified. In order to be selected for a position with Korus Connect, you must meet the following minimum qualifications under the NSCP guidelines; namely a Certificate IV in Youth Work or Pastoral Care or other equivalent qualification. All applicants MUST have competency in CHCCS016 Respond to client needs and CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues or equivalent units. If you wish to complete these units through us, please contact our Training Manager, Luke Whiteside via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9811 0936 to discuss your study options.
Child Safety Check
Korus Connect is committed to child safety and maintaining child safe and child friendly environments. We require applicants to have a valid Working with Children Check and disclose the results of a National Police Records Check issued within the last 12 months.
For more information or to apply for a Working with Children Check.
For more information or to apply for a Police Records Check.
Endorsement from a Religious Organisation
Under the National School Chaplaincy Programme, “A chaplain engaged via the NSCP must be recognised through formal ordination, commissioning, recognised religious qualifications or endorsement by a recognised or accepted religious institution as per the Commonwealth Government’s requirements. A chaplain who does not meet this criterion would not be able to be engaged as a chaplain under the NSCP.” (Department of Education and Training, National School Chaplaincy Program 2015-18 Frequently Asked Questions, 2015)
To satisfy these criteria Korus Connect requires applicants provide at least one reference from a Minister, Priest, Pastor or Leader from the Christian Community with which they are currently involved.
Successful applicants will have demonstrated relevant experience/knowledge in:
- Working effectively with children or young people (and beyond for Community Connectors)
- Providing pastoral care
- Working within a team
- Communicating with a range of people in a range of settings
- Effective involvement and understanding of school and education (or community engagement for Community Connectors)
How to apply for a Position
1. Visit our Positions Available page to view the current Korus Community Connector or School Chaplaincy vacancies.
2. Contact Korus Connect on (03) 9811 0999 or email email@example.com and request an Application Form.
3. Submit your completed Application Form for the position you wish to apply for including:
– Your personal contact details
– Certified copies of your qualification certificate and academic transcript
– Contact details of three references – One reference must be a Minister, Priest, Pastor or leader of the Christian Community you are currently involved with and one professional reference from your previous/ current employment.
– Certified copy of your Police Record Check issued by Victoria Police or an Accredited CrimTrac National Police Checking Service Organisation within the last 12 months (Please note: applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
4. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a first round interview.
5. Successful applicants will be invited to attend a second round interview with the school of the vacant position, or for the relevant community position.
6. The successful candidate will be orientated and formally appointed as a School Chaplain or Korus Community Connector.