We are a Christian not-for-profit organisation whose purpose is to serve local communities, helping to connect people with their purpose and full potential.
Our vision is to see vibrant and connected communities where individuals and families are thriving. Our heart is to see people inspired, supported and whole.
Our mission is to create transformational and collaborative movements of individuals and organisations who are passionate about fostering communities of hope, where people feel safe and connected – Korus Connect.
We strive to:
- Serve communities in line with the Christian value of serving the needs of others unconditionally.
- Journey with people and their communities to provide genuine and ongoing friendship and support as they ‘do life’.
- Collaborate, co-operate and connect with like-minded individuals and organisations to enhance community impact.
- Equip others to see their purpose, gifts and talents flourish as they seek to impact their local community.
Statement of Belief
Korus Connect is an ecumenical body committed to the basic doctrines of the Christian faith drawn from the Old and New Testament Scriptures. It is committed to the three ecumenical creeds (Apostle’s Creed, Nicene Creed, Athanasian Creed) and takes into account the faith statements and traditions of its supporting churches.
Korus Connect affirms:
- its faith in God, as One-in-Three-Persons, whose redemptive purpose for the world is revealed in the Person of Jesus Christ
- that the Lord Jesus Christ proclaimed in word and deed the presence of the Kingdom of God through mission to the world—a calling of people to repentance and a declaration of God’s love in practical ministry to others by enabling reconciliation, peace, wholeness and justice
- God’s concern for the whole person in context of his or her being in relation with others and the world, and that God is concerned that justice and mercy form the hallmarks of society
- the redemptive presence of God in the world, and Korus Connect’s personnel, along with other Christians, form part of God’s presence in the school
- that the Christian tradition recognises the educative and pastoral needs of people and that these needs are to be respectfully and educationally addressed.
Korus Connect is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. This will be a primary focus of our care and decision-making relating to our activities, services, programs, policies and procedures we provide or create. Korus Connect has a zero tolerance of child abuse.
Korus Connect is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives. Particular attention will be paid to the cultural safety of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds (including Aboriginal children) as well as children with a disability.
Every person involved with Korus Connect has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role they play individually and collectively to ensure that the wellbeing and safety of all children and young people is at the forefront of all they do, including the decisions they make.
If you have any questions about our Privacy procedures, please contact Korus Connect:
The Chief Privacy Officer
Locked Bag 3
SURREY HILLS VIC 3127
P: (03) 9811 0999